Tom Morello has today announced that The Altas Underground Fire will be released this Fall, following his critically acclaimed 2018 album, The Atlas Underground.
The Atlas Underground Fire is set to be released on October 15, 2021, and will include an impression array of collaborations. Tom Morello has worked with artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Eddie Vedder, Chris Stapleton, Mike Posner, Damian Marley, and more. Along with these iconic singers, Morello’s guitar skills will without doubt be prominent throughout the album.
The first single to be released from the album is a cover of the classic AC/DC rock anthem, “Highway to Hell” which features Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder.
“Our version of “Highway To Hell” pays homage to AC/DC but with Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder, brings this legendary song into the future. One of the greatest rock’n’roll songs of all time sung by two of the greatest rock’n’roll singers of all time. And then I drop a shredding guitar solo. Thank you and good night.” said Morello.
The album is a true testament to recording during the pandemic. Morello recorded the guitar parts on his phone out of his home studio in Los Angeles. The files were then sent to collaborators around the globe.
“During lockdown I had no access to an engineer so I had to record all of the guitar parts on the voice memo of my phone,” said Morello. “This seemed like an outrageous idea but it lead to a freedom in creativity in that I could not overthink any of the guitar parts and just had to trust my instincts.”
- Harlem Hellfighter
- Highway to Hell (featuring Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder)
- Let’s Get The Party Started (featuring Bring Me The Horizon)
- Driving to Texas (featuring Phantogram)
- The War Inside (featuring Chris Stapleton)
- Hold The Line (featuring grandson)
- Naraka (featuring Mike Posner)
- The Achilles List (featuring Damian Marley)
- Night Witch (featuring phem)
- Charmed I’m Sure (featuring Protohype)
- Save Our Souls (featuring Dennis Lyxzén of Refused)
- On The Shore Of Eternity (featuring Sama’ Abdulhadi)